Reporting your repair

Repairs can be reported by:

Telephone: 01592 621188 (all repairs)
(non-emergency repairs only)

Out of hours emergency numbers:

Weekdays – Monday–Thursday 5pm – 9am,
Weekends – Friday 4pm – Monday 9am

Gas Heating Repairs: 0845 890 2020
All Other Repairs: 07946 262427



An adaptation is a permanent change that is made to your home to make it easier for you to live there. To be eligible for an adaptation you will normally have a disability or need the adaptation to assist your independent living.

To qualify, you need to be a Glen Housing Association tenant and have been seen by an Occupational Therapist. They can be contacted on the Fife Council number 03451 551503.

Once you have been visited by the Occupational Therapist and had your need assessed, they will contact us to carry out any works deemed necessary.

Glen Housing Association receives a grant from the Scottish Government to help pay for adaptations that have been recommended by an Occupational Therapist.

Please note – if Scottish Government funding is not available, we may not be able to carry out all adaptations. Please contact the office should you wish more information.

Right to repair scheme

Under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 tenants have the right to have certain urgent repairs carried out within a given timescale. Failure to have the repair carried out within that timescale means you can call out an alternative contractor and could be entitled to compensation.

Frequently asked questions

What is required to report a repair?
  • Exact details of the problem
  • Access arrangements for the contractor
  • Your telephone number

Please ensure that repairs are reported promptly wherever possible, preferably first thing in the morning. When the details of your repair have been noted, we will decide the priority of the job which then dictates how long the contractor has to complete the work.

How long will my repair take?

When you report a repair at the office, an inspection may be required before a Works Order is sent to the Contractor – you will be told if this is the case at the time of reporting. Once the Contractor has been asked to do the work, they are told which of the following categories the repair falls into:-

Emergency – Aim to attend and make safe within 4 hours

Urgent – Attend within 3 working days

Routine – Attend within 10 working days

What is classed as an emergency?
  • Serious water leaks
  • Total lack of power supply
  • Total lack of water supply
  • Blocked toilet (if only toilet in the property)
  • Blocked drains (if there is damage being caused or a health & safety risk)
  • Broken windows
  • Insecure property
  • Dangerous walls, fences, roofs, gutters etc
  • No heating (if children under 5, elderly or disabled)
    (if gas heating refer to Gas Maintenance leaflet for details)
  • Gas leaks
  • Faulty smoke alarm (unless it can be determined low battery warning)
What is classed as urgent?
  • Leaks (if minor and can be controlled)
  • Partial loss of water supply
  • Cistern not flushing
  • Choked bath, wash hand basin, sink
  • Choked external drain
  • Faulty yale lock (where mortice also exists)
  • Broken door entry system
  • Faulty light switch, socket or pendant
  • No heating (if gas heating refer to Gas Maintenance leaflet for details)
  • No hot water (if gas refer to Gas Maintenance leaflet for details)
  • Faulty communal stair lighting